Human Resource Information Professional Certification Overview
The Human Resource Information Professional Certification exam is designed to assess the knowledge and competencies of professionals in the HR technology field. Passing the exam indicates a demonstrated comprehensive understanding and proficiency of the defined body of knowledge in HR information management.
Passing the exam is only one part of the certification process. The recertification requirements ensure that the HR technology professional is keeping abreast of changes in the field.
The Human Resource Information Professional (HRIP) credential will be active for a period of 3 full years starting from the date certification has been granted. In order to maintain certification, a total of 60 recertification credit hours are required during the 3 year period starting from the date the certification is granted. The credential holder will be responsible for maintaining a log of credit hours and documentation.
The Certification Handbook contains information on the HRIP exam and how you can apply for this important professional credential.
Why is Certification Desirable?
Certification is intended to recognize individuals who have relevant HR technology knowledge. An HRIP (Human Resource Information Professional) credential is a way to demonstrate your competency, show your commitment to the profession, and help with job advancement. Benefits to you include:
- It differentiates you from others through demonstrated competency
- It shows you have knowledge of HR information management beyond that of your everyday tasks
- It gives you a competitive edge when seeking promotions or a new position
IHRIM is the only membership association for HR technology professionals. Since 1980, IHRIM has advanced our profession by:
- Providing unparalleled education and professional development opportunities through our conferences, educational courses and webinars. These offerings foster intelligent HR system investments and effective solutions to business challenges.
- Creating the certification program known as the Human Resource Information Professional to allow experienced professionals working with HR Information Systems to be recognized for their knowledge and experience.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices, professional collaboration and networking.
- Providing unbiased information on cutting-edge HRIM solutions.